At Yacht Havens, we are proud that our staff are well-known across the marine industry for being the most helpful and providing the best levels of service.
We are a family-run company running truly local businesses at each site. Despite our marinas being widespread across the UK and in the Netherlands, all our staff share the same core values including enthusiasm, passion and teamwork.
To be part of the Yacht Havens team, you must be passionate, approachable and knowledgeable, and you must take pride in your work.
If you believe you meet our criteria, why not apply for one of the available roles listed below.
We currently have 2 unique opportunities to join the Haven Team at the prestigious 600 berth marina, Lymington Yacht Haven.
Haven Master @ Lymington Yacht Haven
The role of a Haven Master (also known as a Marina Operative) is critically important as you will be the first point of contact for our berth holders and thousands of visiting yachts.
Duties focus mainly on day to day handling of visiting and resident yachts, berth and fuel sales, invoicing and cash handling and marina repairs. Boat handling / experience, IT skills and excellent customer care skills are essential. Hours include weekends and shifts. This is an active role within an excellent team in an award winning marina and the successful candidate will be able to multi task and prioritise their workload in a very busy and demanding environment
We are especially interested to talk to anyone who has IT skills and would be confident in maintaining Wi-Fi systems and providing IT support to the marina and customers.
- To be customer focussed with exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- To ensure high standards of service and facilities are maintained and developed
- Ability to work as part of a team with a flexible ‘can do’ work ethic
- IT and organisational skills
- Practical maintenance skills
- Knowledge of the boating industry and marina
- A good educational standard
- To be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers
A highly customer-oriented role, the Havenmaster is expected to deal with the basic running of the marina by ensuring all processes are carried out smoothly and efficiently to enable the customer to have full enjoyment of all the marina facilities, whilst maintaining clear administrative procedures.
Hours: 40 hours per week, in a rota system (4 days per week) which includes alternate weekends.
Boatyard Operative @ Lymington Yacht Haven
Duties focus mainly on the hauling and storage of vessels of all types that are being lifted onto and launched from the yard. This is an active role within an excellent team in an award winning marina.
The successful candidate will need:
- To be customer focussed
- To be a reliable team player
- To be prepared to work outdoors all year round
- To be punctual, motivated and a problem solver
- Experience of boats, boat handling, general maintenance, heavy plant, crane and machinery operations will be an advantage
- A full UK driving Licence
This is a permanent position of 40 hours per week 0800 – 1700 week days with a degree of flexibility in working hours as required to deal with times of peak demand and emergency call outs. Full training and development provided.
For both roles, applications with CV in writing only to:
Rupert Wagstaff, Lymington Yacht Haven, Kings Saltern Road, Lymington, Hants, SO41 5RE or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 27th November 2017