IT Support Engineer required for Yacht Havens Group Lymington, SO41 3QD
A rare opportunity has come up to join Yacht Havens Group Ltd, a highly successful family company based at their Head Office at Lymington Yacht Haven as an IT Support Engineer working closely with the IT Director and the marina teams.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn new things, develop their knowledge, has an out going personality and enjoys working by the sea in a fun environment. This role will suit a graduate student looking for their first permanent role who is keen to work hard and develop their skills.
You will have a good standard of education and will almost certainly be a strong team player with excellent customer service skills, outgoing personality and a keen desire to get things right.
Full training and support will be supplied but ultimately you will be expected to provide effective IT support across all aspects of the business and be responsible for supporting and maintaining the desktop and server operating systems across the group. The working environment is relaxed and friendly and you will be able to handle a large amount of autonomous tasks whilst meeting deadlines. You will be a strong communicator and self-motivated with a high standard of work.
Training will be supplied but your responsibilities will include:
- Taking care of our sites - This encompasses all aspects of the IT infrastructure at our sites including phones, networks, virtualised servers, wifi, PtP links and web servers.
- It's an opportunity to learn a broad range of skills and we'll provide in house support with the opportunity for external courses too.
- Provide support for third party and in house applications to staff - We all need a little support, especially our hard working staff who, whilst have a 'working' knowledge of IT will need your help to get over the harder issues.
- Out of hours support - We're a 24/7 business. Our customers are always wanting our help all hours of the day. We need to provide support for our staff when needed so you will be part of our on-call rota.
- Travel - With 12 marinas in the UK and Holland there's the opportunity to travel to some great places. So it is essential that hold a valid passport and are able to drive.
This role would suit a university graduate. The role is extremely diverse with insight into a wide range of IT infrastructure and working alongside a team of 2 other developers, plus the IT Director.
All applications must enclose an up-to-date CV together with a separate accompanying letter stating why they wish to work for the Yacht Havens Group and what skills they feel they can bring to the role, as described. Email applications to email@example.com. Closing date 30th October.