For your safety and enjoyment of our marinas please be sure to follow the guidelines below. Comprehensive marina rules can be found on notice boards in our Marina Receptions and on the reverse of our berthing contract.
All boats using a Yacht Havens facility, ashore or afloat, must have a minimum of £3,000,000 third party insurance.
- Please familiarise yourself with the location of lifesaving and fire fighting equipment on the pontoons and ashore, you will find safety ladders, fire fighting and life saving equipment at regular intervals on each main walkway
- Please take particular care on the pontoons when wet or icy as they can be slippery, please avoid running on the pontoons and always ensure appropriate footwear is worn. Special care needs to be taken at night
- Report all accidents and potential accidents to the marina reception immediately. Please also report any defective or damaged marina equipment immediately
- Please ensure all children and non swimmers wear a life jacket at all times
- Please do not allow children to 'ride' in the trolleys
- Swimming, fishing and scuba diving are not permitted in any Yacht Havens marina
- Do not speed in marinas, please mind your wash and keep below three knots
- Do not remove supports from vessels in the yard, or run engines of vessels stored ashore. All furling sails must be removed prior to boats being lifted
- Always isolate gas and fuel when leaving your boat
- Please do not allow dogs to foul on Yacht Havens property; there are bins on-site for you to clear up after them.
- HM Coastguard and the MCA have published a list of locations around the UK where you can safely dispose of your expired flares.
In case of a fire on board
- Sound the alarm by ringing the hand bell (normally found at each bridgehead) and ensure the Yacht Havens staff are aware of the situation
- Call 999
- Clear the area of people
- Only tackle the fire if it is safe to do so with the extinguishers provided in the emergency cabinets
- Retreat to a safe distance and locate the nearest Fire Assembly (Muster) Point
- Do not obstruct the bridges as access will be required by the emergency service and Yacht Havens staff
We aim to provide a relaxed and safe environment for you to enjoy your boating in and ask that all marina rules and regulations are followed.
Yacht Havens Group is committed to promoting environmental awareness and good practice in all its marinas.
Yacht Havens will continue to work with the RYA/ BMF Green Blue initiative to promote environmental awareness to boat owners.
- We provide facilities ashore for the recycling of glass, plastics, oil, batteries and cardboard. Our aim is to get all marina users to recycle and divert rubbish from landfill
- We provide a sewage pump out service for your holding tank
- We provide clean and convenient facilities so you do not have to use sea toilets
In the marina and on the water
- Please be aware of wildlife, do not disturb marine life or wildlife by causing excessive wash
- Please avoid water pollution and use the facilities provided ashore
- Never throw rubbish overboard; facilities for rubbish are located at each bridgehead for your convenience
- Do not flush out or clean out bilge tanks into the marina
- If there is a leak of fuel or oil please notify marina staff immediately as fuel spillage kits and procedures are in place to help
Read this information from Green Blue with tips about how boat users can help protect the environment so we can all continue to enjoy our boating for years to come.