At Largs Yacht Haven we run a fully equipped boat yard offering lift out and storage ashore for boats up to 70 ton.
Hoisting and lifting
- Our 70 ton travel hoist and 45 ton mobile crane operate 7 days a week, all-year round from our Ayrshire base. Emergency lifts are available 24/7
- Lifting takes place from our deep water hoist dock with our 70 ton travel hoist offering lifts to boats with a beam of up to 6.1m
- Boats can be lifted and held in the hoist for an hour or overnight for small jobs. For longer periods ashore, vessels can be positioned in cradles or on chocks; both are available to hire from the marina
- Vessels can be lifted to and from road transport as required
- Our crane can also be used for other jobs including mast-stepping and engine lifts as required.
- Our boatyard on the west coast of Scotland can accommodate 230 boats ashore, serviced with water and electricity
- Cradles are available to hire through the marina. All boats are securely chocked as standard
- Our yard is designed to ensure your boat is easily accessible at all times
- Largs Yacht Haven berth holders can take advantage of free storage ashore from May to August. See the full list of berth holder benefits
- The boatshed provides undercover storage for those needing to be protected from the elements whilst undertaking maintenance work.
- Our boatyard is a very popular location for winter boat storage in Ayrshire. We therefore advise booking your winter lift-out as early as possible
- When booking, please provide as much information about your requirements as possible including whether you require a cradle
- In addition to winter storage ashore, Largs Yacht Haven also offer packages winter berthing afloat. See our seasonal berthing rates
- Lift & Scrubs are available on request
- All boats are given a basic pressure wash included within the cost of the lift.
Dry Berthing and Trailers
- Our dry berthing service is a cost-efficient way to keep your boat within easy access of the water
- RIBs and small motorboats are stored ashore and launched on demand from our slipway
- The slipway can also be used for casual use
- Trailers can be stored at Largs Yacht Haven by arrangement.
Are you limited to when you can go sailing and perhaps can only sail for a couple of weeks at a time? Then Dutch Berthing could be for you!
With our Dutch Berthing package, your boat lives ashore all year. You simply let us know when you will be coming and we will launch the boat ready for your arrival. Once you have returned from sailing, we'll lift your boat back ashore and secure it back in the boatyard
- For boats up to 12m LOA
- Package includes 12 months storage ashore, 5 lifts & launch, plus 20 nights berthing afloat
- On-water, 24 hour diesel and unleaded petrol
- Largs Yacht Haven provide a refuelling service allowing you to maximise your time on the water
- Free sewage pump out facility.
See our boatyard rates
Make an enquiry
Every boatyard service and quote is provided especially for you based on your requirements and the specification of the boat. Please provide as much details as possible with regards to what services you require so we can provide a full and accurate quote. Alternatively, call us directly on 01475 675333.