The Local Area
If you have a few hours to spare we suggest the following:
• Coastal walk to the Pencil Monument commemorating the Battle
• Shopping and dining within the Yacht Haven.
• Coastal walk to Largs town (20 minutes) for shopping, banking
and cafes, etc.
• Have a beauty treatment at the Haven Spa.
If you have a half day to spare:
• Walk across to Kelburn Castle
and Country Centre - either visit the castle itself or walk through
the magnificent gardens to the Secret Forest, full of surprises for
• Walk to Largs town and visit Vikingar! - the visitor
attraction telling the story of the Vikings in Scotland. There is
also a swimming pool, fitness studio as well as the winter garden
• Challenge your family and friends at bowling in the Escape
Bowling Alley on the seafront.
• Visit the famous Nardini art deco café on the seafront.
• Take a fast RIB trip to Wee Cumbrae.
If you have a day to spare:
• Walk to Largs and take the ferry to the Isle of Cumbrae - a 15
minute crossing. Then hire bikes in Millport and cycle round this
flat island calling at the Cathedral of the Isles, the smallest
cathedral in Scotland.
• Take the train to Glasgow for excellent shopping, restaurants
and art galleries.
• Take the ferry from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay and visit the
magnificent Mount Stuart House and gardens, home of the Marquesses