Lymington Yacht Haven is an easy ten minute walk from Lymington town centre.
The postcode for Sat Nav users is SO41 3QD / Google maps
Exit the M27 at Junction 1, following signs for Lymington on the A337. At Lymington, the marina directions are indicated on brown tourist signs, initially as Marinas & Riverside, and then as Yacht Haven. By exiting the M27 at Junction 2, one can reach Lymington via Beaulieu, avoiding the potential bottleneck at Lyndhurst during the busy season.
Regular half hourly service from the main line station of Brockenhurst through to Lymington Town. The marina is then a 20 minute walk from the station.
Approaches and Navigational Information
Getting into Lymington is easy. If in doubt follow the ferry!
- Lymington Yacht Haven is the first marina you come to up the Lymington River from the Solent.
- Approach to the river WPT 50° 44'.20N 01° 30'.28W.
- Leading lights 319 degrees, fixed red 12/17m 8M.
- First port hand mark - Jack in the Basket - post with barrel - Flashing red (2 seconds).
- During daylight hours the RLYC starting platform (unlit) is the first starboard mark.
- Channel is marked by red piles with square top marks to port, green piles with triangular top marks to starboard.
- Port side has 4 lights flashing red (2 seconds) and Harpers Post quick 3 flash white (10 seconds).
- Starboard side 7 lights flashing green (2 seconds).
- Leading lights for the Yacht Haven are at 244°, both fixed orange, before reaching Harpers Post.
- Watch this short video showing the Lymington River Approach to Lymington Yacht Haven.
Download the marina map
Weather & Tidal Information
- Take a look at our up-to-date weather & tidal forecasts for the local area
- The Standard Port for Lymington is Portsmouth. Low water at Lymington is usually 20 minutes prior to low water Portsmouth, whether neaps or springs.
- Double high waters occur at or near springs and on other occasions there is a stand lasting about 2 hours.
- Predictions refer to the first high water when there are two. At other times they refer to the middle of the stand.
HM Solent Coastguard
Tel: 023 9255 2100
|The marine rescue centre is located at Lee on Solent. They maintain a continuous VHF watch on channel 16, working channel 67.
|HM Customs & Excise
Tel: 0845 010 9000
Customs forms for visiting non EC countries are available at Reception and a Customs post box is situated outside the foyer on the wall.
Tel: 0845 122 6999
Free expert safety advice is available to all boat users. Ask for SEA CHECK, to arrange an appointment aboard your vessel.