Job vacancy: HAVENMASTER
Plymouth's friendliest marina has a vacancy for a Havenmaster.
Plymouth Yacht Haven is looking for a Havenmaster to join its enthusiastic and professional team at this Five Gold Anchor Marina, situated at the picturesque Mount Batten peninsula.
This role is critically important, as you will be the first point of contact for our 450 berth holders and hundreds of visiting vessels of all types throughout the year.
The successful candidate must have boat handling experience, as you will be assisting in boat berthing and manoeuvring, competent IT skills, and be able to multi task and prioritise your own workload in a busy and demanding environment. Excellent communication and organisation skills are a must, together with a flexible and ‘can do’ work ethic.
You will need:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To be a reliable team player
- To be able to work under pressure
- To be organised and methodical
- To maintain high levels of accuracy in administrative work
- To be computer literate with a professional telephone manner
- To be confident, outgoing and proactive, enabling you to present the benefits of our marina to potential new berth holders both face to face and on the telephone
- To be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers
- A full UK driving licence
VHF radio licence and RYA Power Boat II is an advantage but not essential when applying for this position.
Hours: 40 hours per week, in a rota system which includes alternate weekends.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, stimulating work environment and other great benefits including holiday, pension, healthcare plan and free onsite parking.
Yacht Havens Group is a major player in the Marine and Leisure business and offers all the benefits you would expect from an expanding operation.
To apply for this position please submit your CV to:
Marina Director Steve Kitchen at: email@example.com
Closing date: 30th September 2017
Go to Yacht Havens Careers page