Safety & Environment
For your safety and enjoyment of our marinas please be sure to
follow the guidelines below. Comprehensive marina rules can be
found on the reverse of your berthing contract. All boats using the
marina facility, ashore or afloat, must have a minimum of
£3,000,000 third party insurance.
- Please familiarise
yourself with the location of lifesaving and fire fighting
equipment on the pontoons
and ashore, you will find safety ladders, fire fighting and life
saving equipment on all the pontoon walkways.
- Please take particular care on the pontoons when wet or icy as
they can be slippery, please avoid running on the pontoons and
always ensure appropriate footwear is worn. Special care needs to
be taken at night.
- Report all accidents and potential accidents to the marina
reception immediately. Please also report any defective or damaged
marina equipment immediately.
- Please ensure all children and non swimmers wear a life jacket
at all times.
- Please do not allow children to 'ride' in the trolleys.
- Swimming and scuba diving are not permitted in the marina.
- Do not speed in the marina, please mind your wash and keep
below 5 knots.
- Do not remove supports from vessels in the yard, or run engines
of vessels stored ashore. All furling sails must be removed prior
to boats being lifted.
- Always isolate gas and fuel when leaving your boat.
- Please do not ride bicycles, skates or scooters on the
- Please do not allow dogs to foul the marina, there are bins on
site located at the bridgehead for you to clear up after them.
In case of a fire on board
- Sound the alarm by ringing the bell at the bridgehead and
ensure the marina staff are aware of the situation.
- Call 999.
- Clear the area of people.
- Only tackle the fire if it is safe to do so with the
extinguishers provided in the emergency cabinets.
- Retreat to a safe distance and locate the nearest Fire Assembly
- Do not obstruct the bridges as access will be required by the
emergency service and marina staff.
We aim to provide a relaxed and safe environment for you to enjoy
your boating in and ask that all marina rules and regulations are
Yacht Havens Group is committed to promoting environmental
awareness and good practice in all its marinas. Yacht Havens will
continue to work with the RYA / BMF Green Blue initiative to
promote environmental awareness to boat owners.
In the marina and on the water
- Please be aware of wildlife, do not disturb marine life or
wildlife by causing excessive wash.
- Please avoid water pollution and use the facilities provided
- Never throw rubbish overboard; facilities for rubbish are
located at the bridgehead for your convenience.
- Do not flush out or clean out bilge tanks into the marina.
- If there is a leak of fuel or oil please notify marina staff
immediately as fuel spillage kits and procedures are in place to
Please read this information from the Green Blue and help do
your bit to protect the environment so we can all continue to enjoy
our boating in a clean and healthy environment.
Download your helpful guide to Troon Yacht Haven