Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our Berth Holder Questionnaire last month. Your feedback will help shape the future of the Yacht Haven over the coming years.
We've studied every response and we're in the process of putting together an action plan to deal with many of the points you've raised.
However, we've already made a start with a number of projects based on your feedback:
- Improvements to the Wi-Fi will be made next year with new access points leading to a more reliable internet connection
- Quotes are being obtained for a new bridgehead gate at the top of the Yacht Stations pontoons
- We're increasing our efforts to keep the boatyard tidy and free of litter
- The gravel in the boatyard will be topped up next summer to reduce dust (tarmacking this area will make it unsuitable for our machinery)
- Dredging of Stow Creek will begin next season when we also plan to return to annual winter dredging in the marina.
A few other points raised in the questionnaire:
- Although we don't have a sailmaker on-site, we do have an ongoing partnership with two local sailmakers with a pick up/drop off service available from the marina: Dolphin Sails (Harwich) and W Sails Sailmakers (Leigh On Sea)
- We're more than happy to accept deliveries, parcels and food orders to the Marina Office. Just call us in advance to give our team prior warning.
Once again, thank you to everyone who completed the questionnaire and for your kind comments about our staff and facilities. We will endeavour to keep working hard to improve the service on offer to boat owners.