To coincide with the start of the summer, Lymington Yacht Haven have launched their new live weather service.
The new service displays various tools, graphs and data from Lymington, the Solent and Hurst Castle, allowing sailors to plan their trips accordingly. The service includes:
- Lymington five day weather forecast
- Live and historical wind information from the weather gauge at Lymington Yacht Haven
- Live and historical wind information from the Royal Lymington Yacht Club Starting Platform in the Solent
- Live and historical wind data from Hurst Castle
- Four day wind forecast
- Tidal information for Lymington and the Solent
The mobile optimised page was the result of feedback from Lymington Yacht Havens' berth holders and visitors. Marina Director Rupert Wagstaff commented, "Our customers plan their sailing trips around the weather and, as a result, they require regular, accurate and up-to-date forecasts. We previously provided daily printed forecasts and TV screen in the foyer displaying a one day forecast. These popular services will stay but this live, online feed will allow more customers to access live weather from Lymington and the Solent".
View the new weather service
Lymington Yacht Haven has also introduced a new live webcam positioned at the end of E/D pontoon. Looking north towards the marina entrance, the webcam shows live, high quality images of the Yacht Haven.
View the new webcam