We have a vacancy to join the Plymouth Yacht Haven team
Plymouth's friendliest marina is looking for a Havenmaster to join its enthusiastic and professional team at this Five Gold Anchor Marina, situated on the picturesque Mount Batten peninsula.
This is a customer-facing role as one of the first points of contact for our 450 berth holders and hundreds of visiting vessels of all types throughout the year. Boat handling experience and knowledge are essential; you will also have exceptional customer service skills.
A VHF radio licence and RYA Power Boat II would be an advantage, but not essential.
As a 7 day a week operation, the position requires alternate weekend working within a rota system.
Excellent communication and organisation skills are a must, together with a flexible and ‘can do’ work ethic.
You will need:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To be a reliable team player
- To be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers
- To be Health & Safety aware
- To be able to work under pressure
- To be organised and methodical
- To maintain high levels of accuracy in administrative work
- To be computer literate with a professional telephone manner
- To be confident, outgoing and proactive, enabling you to present the benefits of our marina to potential new berth holders both face to face and on the telephone
- A full UK driving licence
This is a permanent position averaging 40 hours per week, although a degree of flexibility is required during busy periods.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a stimulating work environment and other great benefits including holiday, pension, healthcare plan and free onsite parking.
Yacht Havens Group is a major player in the Marine and Leisure business and offers all the benefits you would expect from an expanding operation.
Please apply by email, with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be perfect to fulfil this role to: Steve Kitchen, Marina Director to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is essential that you send a covering letter to explain why you are suitable for this role for us to consider your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: £21,000 - £23,000 depending on experience
Closing date for applications: 29 March 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for their time in applying for this role. Due to the high number of applications, only those invited for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.