Are you great with people? Enjoy delivering a great customer experience? Enjoy being outdoors?
We are looking for a full-time Haven Master to join our team, as well as a Summer Haven Master to join us on a temporary basis.
Plymouth's friendliest marina is looking for new recruits to join our enthusiastic and professional team at this Five Gold Anchor Marina, situated at the picturesque Mount Batten peninsula.
This is a customer facing role as one of the first points of contact for resident and visiting boats. You must be great with people and have the ability to make a great first impression. Excellent communication and organisation skills are a must, together with a flexible and ‘can do’ work ethic.
You will need:
- Boat handling experience and boating knowledge
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To be a reliable team player
- To be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers
- To be Health & Safety aware
- To be able to work under pressure
- To be organised and methodical
- To maintain high levels of accuracy in administrative work
- To be computer literate with a professional telephone manner
- To be confident, outgoing and proactive, enabling you to present the benefits of our marina to potential new berth holders both face to face and on the telephone
- A full UK driving licence
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- A VHF radio licence
- RYA Power Boat Level 2
Specifically for the Full-Time role:
Our Full-Time Haven Master team work 40 hours per week, although a degree of flexibility is required at busy periods. As a 7 day a week operation, the position requires alternate weekend working within a rota system. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a stimulating work environment and other great benefits including holiday, pension, healthcare plan and free onsite parking.
Specifically for the Summer Seasonal role:
With a busy summer ahead, we're looking for someone enthusiastic to jump right into the team. Shifts are flexible but include regular weekend work.
Yacht Havens Group is a major player in the Marine and Leisure business and offers all the benefits you would expect from an expanding operation.
Please apply by email, sending your CV and a covering letter explaining a) why you would be perfect to fulfil this role to and b) whether you're applying for the full-time or Summer role to: Steve Kitchen, Marina Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 9th July 2021