Do you have boating knowledge and experience? Take pride in delivering a first class service to customers with high expectations? Are you flexible with hours and working weekends? And enjoy being outdoors?
With nine marinas in the UK and Europe, Yacht Havens Group is a major player in the Marine & Leisure industry and offers all the benefits and stability you would expect from a forward thinking employer.
We are seeking a full-time Haven Master to join our team at Plymouth Yacht Haven, winner and runners up of the UK Marina of the Year title in recent years.
This is a customer facing roles as the first point of contact for our 450 berth holders and frequent visiting boats. You must be confident and have the ability to make a great first impression. Good communication and people skills are a must, together with a flexible and ‘can do’ work ethic.
• Provide exceptional customer service to our resident berth holders and visiting boats, as well as our on-site tenant businesses
• Manage daily marina operations, including but not limited to, berthing allocation, taking mooring lines, dispensing fuel, water, and carrying out boat moves
• Conduct routine checks and maintenance to ensure the marina remains safe, secure, clean and tidy at all times
• Assist in the preparation of events and activities for our berth holders and visitors
• Work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure the efficient running of the marina
• Promote the benefits of our marina to potential new berth holders, both face to face and over the telephone
Skills & Experience
• Boat handling experience and knowledge of boating and marine safety
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a friendly and approachable personality
• Strong organisational skills with an ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient computer skills and a professional telephone manner
• Flexible and adaptable "can-do" attitude
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A full UK driving licence
Desirable, but not essential:
(Full training will be given)
• A VHF radio licence
• RYA Power Boat Level 2
• Experience in the marine industry preferred
For the Full-Time role:
Our Full-Time Haven Master team work on average 40 hours per week, but as a 7 day a week operation, this includes alternate weekend working within a rota system. In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a stimulating work environment, and other great benefits including holiday, pension, healthcare plan, and free on-site parking.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be the right fit for this role to:
Steve Kitchen, Marina Director
Closing date: 1st July 2023