Job vacancy: MARINA OPERATIVE
Plymouth's friendliest marina has a vacancy for a Marina Operative
Plymouth Yacht Haven is looking for a Marina Operative to join its enthusiastic and professional team at this Five Gold Anchor Marina, situated at the picturesque Mount Batten peninsula.
This is a full time position. The role is varied, but mainly focused on marina and boatyard activities, maintenance and plant operation, as we specialise in the berthing, hauling and storage of vessels of all types.
An outgoing, practical and flexible attitude is required for this work to cover all aspects of marina operation, which varies with the seasons. You will be customer facing as one of the first points of contact for our 450 berth holders and hundreds of visiting vessels of all types throughout the year.
Training will be given although experience of boats, general maintenance, heavy plant and machinery would be an advantage. The successful candidate must have some boat handling experience, competent IT skills, and be able to multi task and prioritise your own workload in a busy and demanding environment. Excellent communication and organisation skills are a must, together with a flexible and ‘can do’ work ethic.
You will need:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- To be a reliable team player
- To be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers
- The ability to perform various maintenance tasks
- To be Health & Safety aware
- To be able to work under pressure
- To be organised and methodical
- To maintain high levels of accuracy in administrative work
- To be computer literate with a professional telephone manner
- To be confident, outgoing and proactive, enabling you to present the benefits of our marina to potential new berth holders both face to face and on the telephone
- A full UK driving licence
- VHF radio licence and RYA Power Boat II would be an advantage, but not essential when applying for this position.
This is a permanent position of 40 hours per week, in a rota system that includes alternate weekends through the summer, and Monday to Friday through the winter season. A degree of flexibility is required, depending on peak busy periods.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, stimulating work environment and other great benefits including holiday, pension, healthcare plan and free onsite parking.
Yacht Havens Group is a major player in the Marine and Leisure business and offers all the benefits you would expect from an expanding operation.
Please apply by email, sending your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would be perfect to fulfil this role to: Steve Kitchen, Marina Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th March 2018
Have you got a head for heights? Watch this mast lift at Plymouth Yacht Haven...
Find out more about Plymouth Yacht Haven