The 2016 Plymouth Regatta, also known as the Yachtsman's Regatta, was blessed by a weekend of sunshine and consistent force 3-4 wind allowing for some great racing around Plymouth Sound. And to top off a brilliant weekend, the Plymouth Yacht Haven team took home a trophy!
Over 60 boats took part in the growing regatta which also included the HP30 Nationals, the Seascape 18 Nationals and the Devon Yawl Nationals.
Among the winners were Lloyd Thornburg and his boat Fomo in the HP30 Class. Lloyd was taken part having recent won the 2016 Round The Island Race on his MoD 70, Phaedo 3, where they also smashed the multihull record!
Plymouth Yacht Haven are proud sponsors of the regatta providing visitor berthing and lifting services to a number of boats taking part, The Yacht Haven team also entered the regatta for the first time sailing a Popcorn 23" called Pop Gun finishing a credible 2nd place in Class B!
- Plymouth Regatta Cruiser A Class - Won by Joie de Vivre, Adam James
- Plymouth Regatta Cruiser B Class - Won by Joburg, Phil Hooper, with the Plymouth Yacht Haven team 2nd on Pop Gun
- J24 fleet - Won by Jaw Breaker, David Cooper
- Sports Boats - Won by Waterjet Precision
- HP30 Nationals - Won by Fomo, owned by Lloyd Thornburg
- Seascape 18 Nationals - Won by John McLaren
- Devon Yawl Nationals - Won by Dan Ellis
- White Sail - Won by Rumpleteazer, Eric Bates
- Squib Class - Won by White Magic, David Wines
The regatta is organised by the Port of Plymouth Sailing Association (PPSA) with Plym Yacht Club and Royal Western Yacht Club.
Photo credits to Rachel Fallon-Langdon - Team FOMO and HP30 Class