As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, this event has been postponed by the event organisers. The event organisers have said:
"We are postponing the 19th Pursuit from June 2020 to a future time. If it is possible, we may try to hold an event in the Autumn. If this is not possible we hope you will join us in June 18/19th 2021, to raise much needed funds for all our charities. If you can, we hope you will be able to continue to support your charities through this very difficult time."
Join in a day's great sailing and raise funds for your favourite charitable cause. This unique offshore event aims to raise money for charities that benefit the human condition.
The event follows a 26 nautical mile course from Plymouth to the Eddystone Lighthouse beyond Plymouth Sound and back. To add to the excitement of the day, there are chances to win money to go into your fundraising pot during the pursuit. The prize pot is presented at a social get together at The National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth after the sail. The 2016 event raised a whopping £78,000 and the 2017 charity prize pot has been raised to £20,000.
Don't forget to look out for the Plymouth Yacht Haven team on the start line - we'll be raising money for St Luke's Hospice, Plymouth.
- Yachts must be suitable for sailing offshore (equivalent to Cat. C) and have an engine and keel
- You can pick any charity that has a Registered Charity Number and 'benefits the human condition'
- One boat - one charity
- It is a "Fun Chase", not a "Race"!
- ALL prize money goes directly to your chosen charity
- A Prize Giving and Supper follow the race at the National Marine Aquarium
Go to www.eddystonepursuit.org for more information