At Yacht Havens, we are proud that our staff are well-known across the marine industry for being the most helpful and providing the best levels of service.
We are a family-run company running truly local businesses at each site. Despite our marinas being widespread across the UK and in the Netherlands, all our staff share the same core values including enthusiasm, passion and teamwork.
To be part of the Yacht Havens team, you must be passionate, approachable and knowledgeable, and you must take pride in your work.
If you believe you meet our criteria, why not apply for one of the available roles listed below.
If there are no jobs currently listed, please check back again soon.
Hotel Reception & Marina Haven Master @ Troon Yacht Haven
We are looking for 2 new members of staff to join our team at an exciting time for Troon Yacht Haven, Ayrshire. The new members of staff will play a pivotal, front of house role as we launch the Salt Lodge Hotel, as well as providing Haven Master support for the day to day marina operations.
The Salt Lodge Hotel is a new ten room hotel that will open at Troon Yacht Haven in early 2020. It is owned and managed by Troon Yacht Haven so the new employees will be required to manage the hotel on a day-to-day basis, as well as being part of the wider marina team.
Applicants must have previous hospitality experience, preferably in hotels or B&Bs, as well as a positive personality and a proactive attitude to work.
Hours: 11am – 7pm (a small degree of flexibility), on a rota to include weekend working
Responsible to Manager, or in his absence Assistant Manager.
Duties will include
- Allocation of guest rooms
- Checking-in hotel guests
- Liaise with housekeeping & inspect work
- Manage booking system
- Deal with hotel enquiries.
- Perform room checks and organise room maintenance
- Check all lighting/wifi/tv/appliances/etc daily and report/log any defects
- Allocation of berths to visiting yachts and taking payments
- Pontoon & boatyard patrols
- Sale of fuel & monitoring stock
- Issue customers’ keys
- Assist with electricity readings & invoicing
- General assistance of customer enquiries & responding to emails
- Assist with shop sales & stock taking
- Log any incidents/irregularities found
- Return trolleys to bridgehead if found on site
- Collection of litter in car parks, pontoons and all public areas
- Report any defective items on site to manager
- Check toilets regularly and restock/tidy where necessary
- Emptying of litter bins
- Keep reception/office clean and tidy – cleaning where necessary
- Answer telephone
- Operate CCTV
- To be flexible and assist with any extra duties as requested by the manager
- To assist with emergencies outwith normal hours
To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter to Stephen@troonyachthaven.com by Monday 30th September.
IT Support Engineer @ Troon Yacht Haven
A rare opportunity has come up to join Yacht Havens, a highly successful family company based as an IT Support Engineer working closely with the IT Director and the marina teams.
This role is primarily based at Troon Yacht Haven with frequent visits to Largs Yacht Haven, Ayrshire.
We are looking for someone who is keen to learn new things, develop their knowledge, has an out going personality and enjoys working by the sea in a fun environment. This role will suit a graduate student looking for their first permanent role who is keen to work hard and develop their skills.
You will have a good standard of education and will almost certainly be a strong team player with excellent customer service skills, outgoing personality and a keen desire to get things right.
Full training and support will be supplied but ultimately you will be expected to provide effective IT support across all aspects of the business and be responsible for supporting and maintaining the desktop and server operating systems across the group. The working environment is relaxed and friendly and you will be able to handle a large amount of autonomous tasks whilst meeting deadlines. You will be a strong communicator and self-motivated with a high standard of work.
Training will be supplied but your responsibilities will include:
- Taking care of our sites - This encompasses all aspects of the IT infrastructure at our sites including phones, networks, virtualised servers, wifi, PtP links and web servers.
- It's an opportunity to learn a broad range of skills and we'll provide in house support with the opportunity for external courses too.
- Provide support for third party and in house applications to staff - We all need a little support, especially our hard working staff who, whilst have a 'working' knowledge of IT will need your help to get over the harder issues.
- Out of hours support - We're a 24/7 business. Our customers are always wanting our help all hours of the day. We need to provide support for our staff when needed so you will be part of our on-call rota.
- Travel - With 12 locations in the UK and Holland there's the opportunity to travel to some great places. So it is essential that hold a valid passport and are able to drive.
This role would suit a university graduate. The role is extremely diverse with insight into a wide range of IT infrastructure and working alongside a team of 2 other developers, plus the IT Director.
All applications must enclose an up-to-date CV together with a separate accompanying letter stating why they wish to work for the Yacht Havens Group and what skills they feel they can bring to the role, as described. Email applications to email@example.com. Closing date 30th October.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their time in applying for our roles. Due to the high number of applications, only those invited for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.