At Yacht Havens, we are proud that our staff are well-known across the marine industry for being the most helpful and providing the best levels of service.
We are a family-run company running truly local businesses at each site. Despite our marinas being widespread across the UK and in the Netherlands, all our staff share the same core values including enthusiasm, passion and teamwork.
To be part of the Yacht Havens team, you must be passionate, approachable and knowledgeable, and you must take pride in your work.
If you believe you meet our criteria, why not apply for one of the available roles listed below.
If there are no jobs currently listed, please check back again soon.
Hotel Reception & Marina Haven Master @ Troon Yacht Haven
We are looking for 2 new members of staff to join our team at an exciting time for Troon Yacht Haven, Ayrshire. The new members of staff will play a pivotal, front of house role as we launch the Salt Lodge Hotel, as well as providing Haven Master support for the day to day marina operations.
The Salt Lodge Hotel is a new ten room hotel that will open at Troon Yacht Haven in early 2020. It is owned and managed by Troon Yacht Haven so the new employees will be required to manage the hotel on a day-to-day basis, as well as being part of the wider marina team.
Applicants must have previous hospitality experience, preferably in hotels or B&Bs, as well as a positive personality and a proactive attitude to work.
Hours: 11am – 7pm (a small degree of flexibility), on a rota to include weekend working
Responsible to Manager, or in his absence Assistant Manager.
Duties will include
- Allocation of guest rooms
- Checking-in hotel guests
- Liaise with housekeeping & inspect work
- Manage booking system
- Deal with hotel enquiries.
- Perform room checks and organise room maintenance
- Check all lighting/wifi/tv/appliances/etc daily and report/log any defects
- Allocation of berths to visiting yachts and taking payments
- Pontoon & boatyard patrols
- Sale of fuel & monitoring stock
- Issue customers’ keys
- Assist with electricity readings & invoicing
- General assistance of customer enquiries & responding to emails
- Assist with shop sales & stock taking
- Log any incidents/irregularities found
- Return trolleys to bridgehead if found on site
- Collection of litter in car parks, pontoons and all public areas
- Report any defective items on site to manager
- Check toilets regularly and restock/tidy where necessary
- Emptying of litter bins
- Keep reception/office clean and tidy – cleaning where necessary
- Answer telephone
- Operate CCTV
- To be flexible and assist with any extra duties as requested by the manager
- To assist with emergencies outwith normal hours
To apply, please send a CV and Cover Letter to Stephen@troonyachthaven.com by Friday 29th November.
Please note: We thank all applicants for their time in applying for our roles. Due to the high number of applications, only those invited for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.