Who are we looking for?
To be part of the Yacht Havens team, you must be passionate, approachable and knowledgeable, and you must take pride in your work.
Roles within Yacht Havens including customer-facing Haven Masters who are responsible for the day-to-day service to berth holders and visiting boats, crew within our boatyard team who operate machinery to safely lift and launch boats, Bosuns who ensure all our equipment and services run smoothly and are professionally maintained, as well as support roles such as administration, accountancy, IT and marketing.
We are a family-run company running truly local businesses at each site. Despite our marinas being widespread across the UK and in the Netherlands, all our staff share the same core values including enthusiasm, passion and teamwork.
If you believe you meet our criteria, why not apply for one of the available roles listed below.
If there are no jobs currently listed, please check back again soon.
Systems Analyst @ Yacht Havens Group
A rare opportunity has come up to join Yacht Havens, a highly successful family company based at their Head Office in Lymington, Hampshire, within their in-house software development department working closely with the IT team, accounting team and marina staff. You will primarily be focused on assisting the development of our in-house systems.
This role would suit someone who has recently finished an IT, Business Studies or Accounting degree and wants a career offering a broad spectrum of challenges.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Awareness of software or Agile Design Methodologies is desirable
- Knowledge of sales ledgers and accounting terminology
- Ability to deal with customers both face to face and on the phone.
- Ability to design, understand, query and question processes
- A knowledge of marinas would be useful but not essential
- Analysing User Requests and Future Development for suitability, feasibility and acceptability for the ongoing development of our management systems.
- Assist in the execution of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Design and develop automation scripts when needed
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Provide support, documentation and user training
- Responding to marina staff queries on how to use the marina software correctly.
- Experience and understand the software from the user's perspective.
The working environment is relaxed and friendly and you will be able to handle a large number of autonomous tasks whilst meeting deadlines. You will be a strong communicator and self-motivated with a high standard of work.
All applications must enclose an up-to -date CV together with a separate accompanying letter stating why they wish to work for the Yacht Havens Group and what skills they feel they can bring to the role, as described.
Please submit all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2022.
We thank all applicants for their time in applying for our roles. Due to the high number of applications, only those invited for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, you will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.