We’re already making cleaner choices to protect our marina environments and reduce our impact.
With a keen eye on our coastlines, seas, wildlife and their habitats, we take our stewardship of our 9 Yacht Havens very seriously, committed to providing sustainable, responsibly run marinas. Combining forces with; British Marine, The Green Blue, Blue Flag, Royal Yachting Association and Gold Anchor Accreditation to ensure we tread lightly. Protecting our waterways, preserving our neighbouring wildlife’s habitats and making it easy for marina users to play their part.
Marina Facilities - Keeping it clean
- No need to add rubbish to landfill. We’ve installed accessible and regularly maintained facilities at every Yacht Haven to make it easy for all our marina users to recycle glass, plastics, oil, batteries and cardboard
- On-site sewage pump-out services for your holding tank
- Clean and convenient washroom facilities to avoid use of sea toilets
Marina & Waterways - Think twice
We want future generations to enjoy our marinas, coastlines and the wildlife around us, just like you. Here are a few friendly reminders:
- Please remember our neighbouring wildlife and avoid disturbing them and marine life by reducing your wash
- Please avoid water pollution and use our lovely marina facilities
- Never throw rubbish overboard; there are bins conveniently placed at each bridgehead specifically for your use, so you won’t have to hang on to it for long
- Do not flush out or clean out bilge tanks into the marina
- In case of a fuel or oil leak please notify marina staff immediately, we can help and have fuel spillage kits and procedures in place.
You & Your Boat - Reduce your impact
With the future of our marinas in mind, we’re working in partnership with Green Blue, an RYA initiative helping the marine community reduce their impact on coastal and inland waters. For a sustainable boating community, it’s in all our interests to encourage green consciousness, clean up our habits and reduce our environmental disturbance.
Here's some inspiration and tips from Green Blue on how you can maintain, equip and operate your boat in an environmentally friendly way.
Our Green Initiatives
We’ve been busy across the Yacht Havens Group with many green initiatives already underway, but there’s always more to do. Find out what we’ve been up to...
- Mud, mud, glorious mud - Reducing saltmarsh erosion through beneficial use of dredged material
- Lymington Harbour Protection scheme
- Native Oysters restored with Oyster 'nursery' at Largs
- Jachthaven Biesbosch, our Blue Flag certified marina, qualifies for an extra award again this year: the Green Pennant – an international eco-label
- All things eco at Neyland
- A Place for Renewables (Electric Car Charging, Solar Panels)
- Pump out facilities
- Beach Clean Ups
- Putting old fenders to good use
- And more...
"Largs Yacht Haven breathes respect for nature… it is green in both the literal and figurative sense. Environmental awareness is obvious throughout the marina, while the marina manager and marina team lead by example.”
– TYHA Gold Anchor Assessor