The Sea Angling Classic is the UK's largest fishing competition which takes place annually in Portsmouth. This year, they are organising a UK-wide Roadshow of Let's Meet & Fish days acting as qualifiers for June's grande finale competition!
Lymington Yacht Haven Sea Angling Classic takes place on Saturday 15th April, from 0800
Registration will take place in the morning outside The Haven Bar & Restaurant in a pop-up event hub along with a range of sponsors and fishing businesses who are travelling as part of the roadshow.
Entry is free but organisers are inviting participants to make a donation to the Sea Grass Replanting Initiative.
As part of the event's commitment to preserving the natural beauty and health of the sea, everyone taking part is asked to complete a shoreline clean-up. More information
- 07.00 - 08.30 Registration / collect measure board Lymington Yacht Haven, Marina Office
- 09.00 - 14.00 Competition times
- 15.00 - 18.00 Refreshments and Fish & Chips supper, Lymington Yacht Haven
- 17.00 - 17.30 Prizegiving, Lymington Yacht Haven
- 15.00 - 18.00 A chance to talk to the event sponsors and previous competitors, Great opportunity check out the new 2023 Extreme 745 Game King prize boat, kitted out with the Ultimate Lowrance fishing system. powered by a tremendous 300hp V6 Yamaha motor and even has the Helm-master Joystick control complete with GPS anchor lock sitting on a very nice SBS Trailer. Talk to experts from Lowrance, and check out the latest tackle and even maybe pick up a few freebies from Mark at Cox & Rawle.
For further information and enquiries, contact email@example.com or 02392571571.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times when on the water.
- Strictly Catch, photograph, Measure and release.
- Lips of fish must be touching the headboard to count.
- Fish must be over the legal size to count .
- Max 4 rods per boat, 3 hooks per rod.
- No restriction on fishing zone.
- Target Fish = Bass, Rays, Bream, Smooth hound, Tope.
- Photographs of fish to be sent via WhatsApp to phone number allocated on the day.
- Longest Fish of the day wins entry for one boat including 2 participants to the 2023 Sea Angling Classic competition, winning the honour to fly the Lymington pendant at this year’s classic.
- In the event of a tie, the time of the first fish caught will be the winner. If there is still a tie the order will be longer Bream, Bass, Ray smooth hound, Tope.
- Only target fish will count.
- Prizes will awarded for Longest of each of the target species.
- There will be a raffle of any price not won on the day with the proceeds going towards the Sea Angling Classic Sea Grass initiative.
- All competitors commit to doing a shore line or bank clean up and posting images on their social network with #spiritofangling
Visitor Berthing is available for competitors at Lymington Yacht Haven.
We will endevour to berth all fishing boats together on C1 pontoon and we're also pleased to offer competitors 2 nights for the price of 1, with berthing on 14th and 15th April.
To book a berth, please contact us in addition to completing your competition entry.
Fuel is also available at Lymington Yacht Haven. The Fuel Station is open 24/7, located directly opposite C1 pontoon.
Sea Angling Classic 2023
The Sea Angling Classic takes place annually in Portsmouth, with the winning team a brand new Extreme 745 Game King boat along with SBS Trailer worth over £100,000!
With competitors from around the UK, the Sea Angling Classic is the largest coastal fishing event in the UK.
14th - 18th June 2023
The boat won in last year's competition will be on display during the 2023 roadshow.
BT SPORT Sea Angling Classic 2022 Part 1