Zero waste to Landfill
We recently changed our waste partner and now have large Green skips on-site for site waste.
Our new skips can take ALL site-produced mixed waste. Green Recycling will then separate the waste at their plant in Maldon. Recyclable materials will be separated and recycled, with non-recyclable items pelletised and sold as fuel to power plants. As a result, we're delighted to say that none of the waste produced on-site at Fambridge Yacht Haven will end up in landfill.
Separate bins will continue to be provided for scrap metal, waste oil and batteries.
Please remember, these waste facilities are for the exclusive use of site-produced waste by berth holders and mooring holders. They are NOT for general public use.
Waste dos and don'ts
- Flare disposal is available at the MCA Coastguard Office in Colchester on the last Thursday of every month. Alternatively, look out for local Flare Amnesty events online
- Separate bins are available for scrap metal, waste oil and batteries
- Our waste facilities are exclusively for the use by berth holders and mooring holders for site-produced waste.
- All our waste compounds are monitored by CCTV to monitor any mis-use of these facilities
- Do not discharge holding tanks within the marina.
- Please report mis-use, pollution or spills to the Marina Office immediately.
We have four waste compounds around the Yacht Haven and the Yacht Station.
- Western end of the marina car park
- Alongside the River Breeze Cafe
- Outside the hangars
- In the Yacht Station boatyard
Protecting marine environments
Working together to protect, preserve and maintain our marinas, future-proofing them for generations to come.
Discover Fambridge Yacht Haven
On the scenic River Crouch is Essex, surrounded by peaceful countryside but less than one hour from Central London