A fun day’s sailing with family and friends with a great charitable purpose. You choose the charity you support (it needs to ‘benefit the human condition’) and raise some sponsorship to enter - the more the better!
The event follows a 26 nautical mile course from Plymouth to the Eddystone Lighthouse beyond Plymouth Sound and back. To add to the excitement of the day, there are chances to win money to go into your fundraising pot during the pursuit.
Registration opens 2nd April at www.eddystonepursuit.com
Find out more about this year's schedule:
Don't forget to look out for the Plymouth Yacht Haven team on the start line - we'll be raising money for St Luke's Hospice, Plymouth.
- It is the third largest fund raising event in the South-west, having to date raised funds over £800,000, and over £70,000 on average for the past 5 years, benefiting many charities.
- £20,000 Prize Money all for charity
- Every boat wins something!
- Individual, 3-Boat Team event and Smeaton Business Trophy
- Yachts must be suitable for sailing offshore (equivalent to Cat. C) and have an engine and keel
- You can pick any charity that has a Registered Charity Number and 'benefits the human condition'
- One boat - one charity
- It is a "Fun Chase", not a "Race"!
- ALL prize money goes directly to your chosen charity
- A Prize Giving and Supper follow the race at the National Marine Aquarium
Proudly supported by Plymouth Yacht Haven
Each year, Berth Holders and staff at Plymouth Yacht Haven rally to join the Eddystone race raising money for their chosen charities. Our chosen charity is St Luke's Hospice, a local independent hospice charity providing specialist end of life care.
We support two prizes in the event; 'First Yacht Haven Boat Home' and 'First All-Female Crew'. In 2019, we were surprised and proud to received the event's most prestigious award, the Eleanor Creeke Award for the 'Spirit of the Event'. Marina Director Steve Kitchen and several members of the Yacht Haven team were on hand to accept the award following almost two decades of support for the event.