Lymington and its surrounding area provides an abundance of things to do.
The charming market town is home to interesting independent and boutique shops, complimented by some well-known stores. Beyond the High Street, Lymington is a wonderful place to enjoy the outdoors with a range of activities on offer including cycling, horse-riding, fishing, bird-watching and enjoying the New Forest National Park and miles of beaches towards Milford-on-Sea.
Lymington hosts a lively street market every Saturday in the main High Street with a number of stalls catering for all tastes. In addition there's a wide variety of shops, galleries, boutiques, and a Waitrose, Tesco and M&S Food. The town centre is approx 10 minutes walk from the marina.
Eating & Drinking
There is an abundance of great pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance of the marina. Ask at the marina office for recommendations/details of places to eat and drink in Lymington.
Explore on foot or by bike
Lymington Yacht Haven offers direct access to the coastal Lymington-Keyhaven Nature Reserve offering superb walks along the foreshore to Keyhaven (approx an hour and a half walk) and Hurst Point where the Solent rushes in/out.
Bike and electric bike hire is available through the Yacht Haven. The New Forest National Park has an abundance of cycle routes taking you along the coast and through the forest.
The New Forest National Park
Free-roaming animals, open moors, historic woodlands and ancient landmarks. The historic national park spans over 70,000 acres with much of it accessible through footpaths and cycling trails. Some notable New Forest highlights include:
- The scenic and historic shores of Beaulieu & Bucklers Hard
- The famous Rufus Stone marking the site of the demise of William II
- Knightwood Oak, aka the 'Queen of the forest', still standing after 500 years
- Museums such as the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu or St Barbe Museum in Lymington.
- Spectacular gardens at Exbury and Furzey
Relaxing with a good book might be the perfect way to relax for some, but others may prefer to get active so here's some of great options close to Lymington:
- Lymington Sea Water Baths provide open air swimming next to the Yacht Haven.
- Indoor heated pools are available at the Leisure Centre and Elmers Court nearby.
- Horse riding adventures, for all ages and abilities are available in Burley and Brockenhurst.
- Tennis courts can be found at Woodside Gardens, just five minutes walk away.
- Mini Golf and a tranquil 9 hole course can be found at Walhampton Golf Course on the edge of Lymington, with many other courses within close reach.
Relax & unwind
While some may prefer to get active, others may prefer to relax with a good book, film or spa visit.
Need more inspiration or some advice?
Just speak to our friendly Haven Team. We all live locally to Lymington and we'd be happy to share our insight, favourite locations and top tips so just call us on 01590 677072.