Largs town centre, a 20 minute coastal walk away, has bars, restaurants, shopping, and all the usual town services.
- By Road - The postcode for Sat Nav users is KA30 8EZ / Google maps. Largs is well connected by the A737 to the M8, Glasgow and M74 to England.
- By Rail - The hourly train service to Glasgow takes 50 minutes. Trains leave Largs 10 minutes before each hour.
- By Air - Glasgow Airport is 35 minutes away, as is Prestwick with its low cost flights to London and Ireland.
- By Taxi - The local taxi firm has a freephone in our Reception and will arrange to meet flights from the airports if required. Contact 01475 689990.
- By Seacat - Trains to Troon, changing at Kilwinning, link Largs to the Northern Ireland Ferry.
Approaches and Navigational Information
Largs Yacht Haven is based perfectly amongst lochs and islands with fishing villages and harbours as near as half an hour away. The inner Clyde offers ideal day cruising whilst the more open west coast and Ireland is only a day away. Everywhere lies the background of Scottish mountains and wildlife providing interest at every opportunity.
Download the marina map
The approach to the marina is via the Largs Channel and is free of hazards.
- The marina is accessible at all states of the tide
- We are well-protected by the adjacent Cumbrae Islands and the islands to the west. You can sail whatever the weather as no significant swell develops in the Largs channel
- Minimum depth below Chart Datum is 2.5m with several areas having deep water berths with 3m below CD
- Navigation lights mark the port and starboard breakwaters (occulting 10 secs)
- The deepwater approaches to the entrance are marked with a lit safe water mark. (L.Fl.10s)
Cruising distances from Largs
|Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
|Rothesay, Isle of Bute
|Colintraive, Kyles of Bute
|Brodick, Isle of Arran
|Troon Yacht Haven
|Tarbert, Loch Fyne
|Ardrishaig (Crinan Canal)