If you have a few hours to spare we suggest the following:
- Coastal walk to the Pencil Monument commemorating the Battle of Largs.
- Shopping and dining within the Yacht Haven.
- Coastal walk to Largs town (20 minutes) for shopping and a bustling seafront of cafes and bars.
- Have a beauty treatment at the Haven Spa.
If you have a half day to spare:
- Walk across to Kelburn Castle and Country Centre - either visit the castle itself or walk through the magnificent gardens to the Secret Forest, full of surprises for the children.
- Walk to Largs town and visit Vikingar! - the visitor attraction telling the story of the Vikings in Scotland. There is also a swimming pool, fitness studio as well as the winter garden cafe.
- Visit the famous Nardini art deco café on the seafront.
- Take a fast RIB trip to Wee Cumbrae.
If you have a day to spare:
- Walk to Largs and take the ferry to the Isle of Cumbrae - a 15 minute crossing. Then hire bikes in Millport and cycle round this flat island calling at the Cathedral of the Isles, the smallest cathedral in Scotland.
- Take the train to Glasgow for excellent shopping, restaurants and art galleries.
- Take the ferry from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay and visit the magnificent Mount Stuart House and gardens, home of the Marquesses of Bute.
Largs Yacht Haven offers cycle hire 7 days a week. We are located on the coastal cycle path which runs 15km north to Skelmorlie and over 100km south finishing at Ballantrae. Read more about the Ayrshire Coastal Path. Bikes are well-maintained and come with helmets in various sizes. To book a bike, simply call us on 01475 675333 or visit the Marina Office.
Largs Yacht Haven welcomes visiting cyclists with ample bike racks and benches and food and drink outlets open 7 days a week, all-year round.