Operation Skylake is an ongoing Dyfed-Powys Police operation in partnership with the Border Agency seeking to detect and prevent offences along Dyfed-Powys coastlines at the earliest opportunity.
What can I do to help?
Whether you work in the maritime industry, are a keen sailor, or are just walking along the coast, you should report any unusual or suspicious activity near the UK coastline and in maritime environments immediately.
This could include:
- boats arriving at unusual times or to isolated locations
- people taking an interest in port security buildings
- nervous crew who show a lack of maritime protocols
- people making attempts to signal or guide boats offshore
- people making a large cash payment for maritime equipment
- people being somewhere they shouldn't be
- boats showing signs of unusual modification or minor damage
Don't ignore it, report it
If you see anything unusual or suspicious you can report it online:
You can call the police on 101. If it is an emergency, call 999.
- UK Home Office Border Agency