What to do at Fambridge?
North Fambridge is a peaceful retreat for families, rallies and solo-travellers. From fine riverside walks to country pubs and plenty of children's attractions, there's so much to discover!
There's no need to leave the Yacht Haven to find an activity for the kids. Our modern adventure play park is located behind the marina office, with brand new play equipment and 360 views over the surrounding Essex farmland.
Explore the local area on two wheels by hiring bikes from the Marina Office. The quiet country lanes surrounding the Yacht Haven are flat and perfect for cycling, and the local trains are bike friendly for exploring slightly further afield.
Get Active On Foot
A riverside footpath runs from the Yacht Station all the way to Burnham on Crouch and beyond, with various train stations en route to bring your back to your boat. Download map
With mud flats, tidal flats, salt marshes, tidal ditches and coastal grasslands surrounding the River Crouch, the area has become an area of international importance for wildlife and wildlife conservation. There are a number of sites in the area that have been marked as Sites of Special Scientific Interests (SSSI) and Special Protections Areas (SPA).
Adjacent to the Yacht Station is the Blue House Farm Nature Reserve, a migration hotspot for a variety of birds as well as popular place to spot owls.
Marsh Farm Animal Adventure Park is less than 15 minutes away by car, offering a fun day out where children can get close to farm animals and play safely in their play parks.
- Maldon, once a very busy ancient port, is steeped in maritime history with original Thames Barges on Hythe Quay, various maritime museums and popular 'Ghost walks'!
- Burnham-on-Crouch is a famous, historic sailing town with many yachts clubs plus Mangapps Railway Museum, shops and restaurants
- Battlesbridge at the top of the River Crouch is home to a number of antique shops, a craft centre and motorcycle museum. This tiny village is still a registered port!
- Three Rivers Golf & Country Club
- Blackwater Leisure Centre & Swimming Pool
- Madison Heights Entertainment Centre