This winter, Plymouth Yacht Haven will undertake a 'Once in 20 years' dredging operation in order to continue to offer a minimum depth of -2.5 metres below Chart Datum, throughout the entire marina.
The dredging will also ensure that Plymouth is able to continue to provide berthing for larger racing yachts as well as a hosting national and international events in future years.
Dredging will take place from 1st December 2017 to 31st March 2018 and will include all areas shown on the marina aerial photo.
- 60,000 cubic metres of silt will be removed from the Yacht Haven
- Backhoe dredger and two hopper barges will arrive on-site in the next fortnight to transport the spoil
- The new dump ground for the spoil is 10miles offshore, known as "Plymouth Deep"
- The dredging is licensed by the Marine Management Organisation (MMO)
- All plans have been agreed by Natural England & the Environment Agency
- Plans have been modified and adapted to consider migratory fish and minimise the impact on sea life.
- - -
We apologise for any inconvenience but this work is essential and unavoidable. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Should you have any questions about the works, please do not hesitate to contact the Haven Team here at Plymouth Yacht Haven. Contact Us
Plymouth Yacht Haven