Updated 24th March 2020
Our commitment to you
Following last night’s instruction from the Government, we must all focus on how best to protect and support our families, employees, customers and communities in the face of this unfolding crisis.
We are following the advice from the UK Government and regional Public Health bodies and we kindly urge our customers to do the same. We encourage you to stay at home, to adhere to social distancing instructions and to avoid all non-essential travel.
At Yacht Havens, with immediate effect, we will be battening down the hatches and taking every appropriate measure to help keep our customers, our staff and your boats safe.
Our teams will be on-site to maintain security and to take care of your boats. We will be out on the pontoons, checking lines and boats and keeping an eye on everything, so please rest assured that your boat remains safe in our care.
Until further notice, we will stop operating our hoist, except for emergencies.
Please continue to communicate with us remotely, by phone and email. We are here to support you and take care of your boat during these unprecedented times.
We will continue to keep you updated and we welcome you to get in touch if you have any questions about our approach to COVID-19.
We have no doubt that, in time, we will all be enjoying our boating again.
In the meantime, keep safe, keep calm and we will see you soon.
Update: 16th March 2020
At Yacht Havens, we have been operating marinas for nearly 50 years, but the speed and ever-changing situation relating to COVID-19 virus is a new situation for us all.
For now, our current status is that we are open for business as normal.
It is our top priority to ensure our Yacht Havens are a safe environment for our berth holders, visitors and staff. A place where you can relax, spend quality time onboard, and enjoy the boating life.
We are closely monitoring the daily changing situation and Government guidelines. The latest major update from the government is surrounding what people should do if they develop particular symptoms. The guidance is now for people to stay at home for 14 days if they have either a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
- If you or anyone in your household are not feeling well, we ask you to please postpone your visit to the marina until you’re feeling better.
- If you do need to stay at home or you’re feeling unwell, don’t hesitate to contact us by phone or email if you have any queries or you need us to carry out any checks on your boat.
- We are reviewing our staff rotas to minimise the risk to our Haven Teams, and to ensure that we can continue to operate our business as usual.
- We are increasing our cleaning rotas to ensure that all surfaces, doors, card payment machines and security keypads on doors and gates are disinfected more frequently.
- For the foreseeable future, we will not be accepting cash. Card or BACS transfers are the preferred methods of payment.
- Each of our Yacht Havens will be further assessed on a site-by-side basis
The situation and Government guidelines are changing daily and as a result our response will be dynamic. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Haven Team.
For now, it is business as usual at all our Yacht Havens and, on behalf of the entire team, we wish you an enjoyable season ahead on the water.