Friday 28 June sees the start of the fourth Fife Regatta, the classic yacht event celebrating the design achievements of the Fifes of Fairlie. We have 20 yachts competing with a large following of mother ships, press and support boats.
Please read the following information carefully to ensure understanding of the event and its implications.
1. Racing takes place from Largs on Saturday 29 (Round Cumbraes Race), Sunday 30 June (Largs to Rothesay race) and Friday 5 July (Kings Course to Toward).
2. Racing each day starts at 11am. On Saturday and Sunday this will be off the marina, on Friday 5 it is off the promenade in Largs north of the pier.
3. As the classic yachts require a large area to manoeuvre please do not sail close to them. They take time to turn and alter course and cannot slow down to take avoiding action. There will be safety marshals on the start line and yellow temporary marks designate the “no go” zone near to the start line.
4. Should you be heading off on holiday or even for a few days please can you notify the marina office. Not only will you earn a sub let refund you will assist us managing your berth and ensuring that it is clear for you when you return.
5. There is a range of Fife Regatta merchandise on sale from Largs Chandlers and the travelling shop unit which will be at Largs on race days. As the event has no sponsor proceeds from the merchandise go towards the running costs of the Regatta so please support this.
6. Finally full details of the competitors and the Regatta programme are all available at www.fiferegatta.com or sign up to the event Facebook page www.facebook.com/TheFifeRegatta for daily news.
Come and enjoy the spectacle next weekend – and celebrate the wonderful heritage of our local area.
For evening entertainment come along to Largs Live Music Festival, which runs alongside the regatta (28 – 30 June) - live music in every bar and restaurant throughout the town. For more details see www.largslive.com or sign on to www.facebook.com/largslive
The Bosuns Table opens on Friday and Saturday evenings from 28 June for bistro food so please book ahead to avoid disappointment (Tel: 01475 689198). They will continue the weekend evening openings throughout July and August.
Largs Sailing Club is the regatta centre and will be the perfect viewing platform for the regatta.
Useful numbers: Bosuns Table 01475 689198, Scotts 01475 686684, Largs Sailing Club bar 01475 670022.