Plymouth Yacht Haven is delighted to announce that the marina’s facilities will undergo a major refurbishment over the winter, ready for spring 2015.
The refurbishment will bring the showers, loos and laundry facilities up to first-class standard with completion expected in advance of the main 2015 sailing calendar. The renovations will begin mid-October with temporary facilities installed for the interim period.
The new décor will have a similar look and feel to the brand new facilities at Lymington Yacht Haven (pictured). The design for Plymouth Yacht Haven has been influenced both by Lymington and our customer feedback over the last few years, and we thank you very much for all your input.
Some of the features on our list for the new facilities include:
- Underfloor heating
- Movement sensitive automatic lighting and ventilation
- Countertop hand basins
- Wall mounted WCs and full height WC cubicles for privacy
- A mixture of shower cubicles, showers with private basins (male only), and private shower rooms with shower, basin and WC
- A family room with a bath
- A shower room adapted for disabled access but available to all
- Showers with adjustable water temperature
- Shower trays to be fairly flush to the floor – no big steps down
- Vanity areas with mirrors, lighting, shelves for wash-bags, hairdryers and plugs for your hair straighteners etc.
- Number of showers increasing from 12 to 15 plus 1 bath
- Larger/less cramped shower cubicles
- New WC within the Bridge Restaurant for their staff so that they will no longer need to use the marina facilities.
The combination of builders on site and temporary facilities will use up a few parking spaces but we will be putting fewer boats in the quarry car park this winter to compensate.
Detailed plans for new facilities are displayed at the marina office. If you have any queries about the project at any time over the next few months, please don’t hesitate to contact us.