Teams of runners and sailors took part in the unique South West 3 Peaks Yacht Race in June, with the Yacht Havens team finishing a credible 4th place.
Chris Reilly, a berth holder at Plymouth Yacht Haven, had assembled a team including Haven Master Mark Prue to undertake the unique, multi-sport race. Ironically called "Gotta Good Feeling", the team completed the gruelling race in 40hours, 8minutes.
The unique event combines sailing 125miles, biking 140miles and 29miles running. All this is undertaken in competition between other teams, with scaling 3 of the south west's highest peaks!
Starting in St Mawes in Cornwall and finishing in Plymouth, the Gotta Good Feeling team raised over £600 for their chosen charity, St Luke's Hospice.
The Gotta Good Feeling Team:
- Boat: SY Sound Venture, 36" Feeling Yacht
- Sailors: Chris Reilly, Mark Prue, Ben Evans, John Binsley
- Runners/Cyclists: Jon Reilly, Stewart Howard
- Support Team: Simon Hallett, Vida Reilly, Michelle Prue
Donate to St Luke's Hospice on the team's Just Giving page
Commenting on the race, Haven Master and competitor Mark said, "It was an incredible weekend - awesome but hard work. We had less than 2 hours sleep in the first 24 hours and managed only 5 hours sleep in total! The athletes were amazing and we had a chance to do even better but the weather became becalmed while we sailed the final leg off Plymouth... I'd recommend this race to EVERYONE!"
Results (Team name, boat type, Total time HH:MM)
- Musk Ox, X362 Sport, 37:39
- Hoofing Run Ashore, S&S30 / Aqua 30, 38:06
- The Usual Suspects, Beneteau First 36.7, 39:37
- Gotta Good Feeling, Feeling 1090, 40:08
- The BBQ Boys, Beneteau First 31.7, 41:12
- Assegai, Corsair F28 R, 44;46
The event is run by Nearwater St Mawes Events.
All photo credits to Nearwater St Mawes Events