Local sailor and Premier Sailing Chief Instructor Colin Stracey has announced that the Round Britain circumnavigation, 'Sail4Macmillan', will return in 2017.
Earlier in 2016, Colin led two boats around the UK raising over £6,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support. The event, which started and finished at Fambridge and stopped at all 6 of Yacht Haven's coastal marinas, was recognised by Sailing Today as the 2016 Cruise Of The Year.
Speaking about the challenge, Colin said "Most of us will come into contact with cancer at some time in our lives and Macmillan, as many of us know, are there to help and support both the patient and their family. It is our personal experience of the superb care and support provided by Macmillan that has lead us to run this trip."
You can be a part of this incredible fundraiser by signing up to sail in one of the 7 legs. Varying from 6-8 days, each leg offers different challenges, sights and scenary with no previous sailing experience required.
- Leg 1 - Fambridge to Newcastle, 01-06 May
- Leg 2 - Newcastle to Inverness, 08-13 May
- Leg 3 - Inverness to Fort William (via the Caledonian Canal), 15-20 May
- Leg 4 - Fort William to Troon, 24-29 May
- Leg 5 - Troon to Milford Haven, 30 May-06 June
- Leg 6 - Milford Haven to Plymouth, 08-13 June
- Leg 7 - Plymouth to Fambridge, 18-24 June
Visit the Premier Sailing website for more information and details on how to register.
2016 photo gallery
Click to enlarge and scroll