Blessed by some early season sunshine, marine safety professionals gathered at Lymington Yacht Haven's Safety & Marine Demo Day to present their latest lifesaving equipment and provide technical safety advice to mariners.
Marine safety is often overlooked with on-board safety equipment commonly out-of-date and/or not serviced. The Safety & Marine Demo Day provided boaters with the opportunity to bring their own safety equipment to be checked, and to understand how to use their equipment in case of an emergency.
Demonstrations took place throughout the day including:
- What to find in your liferaft and a LIVE liferaft inflation from Ocean Safety
- Free lifejacket servicing and fitting
- How to recover a Man Overboard to a RIB, by Aquasafe
- How to recover a Man Overboard to a yacht, by MOB Lifesavers
- How to safely set off a hand flare, by Aquasafe
- Jon Bouy LIVE inflation
- EPIRB 101s from Nick Cox Chandlery
There was also a competition on the RNLI Remote Controlled Lifeboat plus a flare amnesty provided by Ramora UK and the Hampshire Police Constabulary with over 700 flares collected and safely disposed.
Many thanks to everyone who attended the day and all of the exhibitors.